Autumn 2023: Decisions/ actions so far:
- Eco reps completed a class and school environment audit of resources – action – additional recycling bins purchased for staffroom and Miss Hilton. Eco reps created educational posters to go on bins in each room with a focused talking point.
- Eco visitor invited in to discuss the importance of recycling (19.9.23 . ) whole school assembly - Ann Marie Clegg - Sefton
- Eco reps launched ‘Recycling Week’ with a ‘Talking Homework’ (13.10.23)
- We created a display in the hall out of work sent in and promoted ‘Recycling Week’ within our classes. (16-22 nd Oct)
- Eco reps helped to recycle older books from the book shelves in the corridors to make way for newer texts. (31.10.23)
- We emptied the recycling bins from classes R-6 plus staffroom and Miss Hilton to check what was being recycled was appropriate.
- Added agreed environmentally friendly tips weekly newsletter Planned - litter pick – Norwood Crescent
- Planned - swap shop after school in hall – sell old donated Christmas jumpers to save people money and reuse old items.
- Planned – Christmas gift swap