Welcome to Reception’s web page!
Please visit us regularly as we will keep this page updated with all the latest news and goings on.
Introducing the Staff:
Class Teacher – Miss Loveless
Cover Teacher – Miss Crouch (Thursday)
Teaching Assistants - Mrs Beaven, Mrs Rimmer, Miss Magda, Miss Hibbert
The EYFS is about how children learn, as well as what they learn. Children need opportunities to develop their own play and independent exploration. This is enjoyable and motivating. They also need adults to ‘scaffold’ their learning by giving them just enough help to achieve something they could not do independently. Helping children to think, discuss and plan ahead is important, like gathering the materials they need to make a den before they start building. These are ways of helping children to develop the characteristics of effective learning.
The characteristics of effective teaching and learning:
- Playing and exploring – children investigate and experience things, and ‘have a go’.
- Active learning – children concentrate and keep on trying if they encounter difficulties and enjoy achievements.
- Creating and thinking critically - children have and develop their own ideas, make links between ideas and develop strategies for doing this.
CAL – Communication and language
PSED – Personal, Social and Emotional Development
PD – Physical Development
L – Literacy
M – Mathematics
UW – Understanding the World
EAD – Expressive arts and design
How to support your child at home:
READING – this is your number one priority! Please try and read every night at home and record it in your reading record. Your book must be signed at least 3 x a week by an adult at home and this will be checked in school every week.
Short, regular reading sessions really make a difference to the progress your child makes.
Book bags should be brought into school on Monday and Friday only.
When your child is ready to bring a book home, they will have a Phonics RWI or Oxford Little Blending book. This book is read Mon – Fri at home.
Ever Friday your child will bring home a book from the class library. This is a book to share with your child – reading together for enjoyment.
Things to remember:
- All homework is set on a Friday and is due in the following Friday.
- Reading books given on Monday and returned Friday
- Library books given on Friday and returned Monday
- PE is on Tuesday - remember to wear your PE kit on these days.
- Please bring water bottles in daily.